- 6 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 Italian Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsps Oregano (dried)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Lemons (zest)
- 2 lbs Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast (2 inch pieces)
- 1 Spanish Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 lb Chorizo Sausage (crumbled)
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 cups Uncooked Short-Grain White Rice)
- 1 Saffron Thread (pinch)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in chicken pieces to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, red pepper flakes, and rice. Cook, stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes.
Stir in saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and onion; cook 5 minutes.
Stir in bell pepper and sausage; cook 5 minutes.
Stir in shrimp; cook, turning the shrimp, until both sides are pink.
Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
Recipe courtesy of: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/84137/easy-paella/