Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Foil Packs
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts pounded to even thickness, OR 6-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Lg bundle Asparagus Spears (about 1lb)
- 1 Lemon, divided
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsps Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lay four 12x12 inch squares of foil out on a flat surface. Place one chicken breasts (or 1-2 thighs) in the middle of each piece of foil.
- Trim the flat end of the asparagus at 1-2 inches from the end and discard. Cut the remaining spears in half and divided them between the foil packs.
- Thinly slice one of the lemons and divide the slices between the foil packs, tucking the slices in, around, and between the chicken and asparagus.
- Stir together butter, garlic, juice of the remaining lemon, and Italian seasoning. Brush over chicken and asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold the foil over the chicken and asparagus to close off the pack, pinch the ends together so the pack stays closed.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 7-9 minutes on each side OR bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender. Serve immediately.
NOTES: Chicken thighs tend to be smaller than most chicken breasts so if you are going to use thighs, use 1-2 depending on the size of the thigh - for smaller, you'll probably want two in a single foil pack, if they are larger you could get away with using one in a foil pack. Just remember each pack is for one person so you want as much chicken as will fill that person!
Recipe courtesy of Le Crème de la Crumb